From:
David and Serena <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 1996 21:22:30 -0500
I'm really glad someone said that.  I think that a lot of times it takes a
lot of courage to ask for help when you (or a loved one) is in need.  I
don't know Jason Salazar personally, and I can't vouch for his motives, but
I feel that part of the reason that the FML exists is to be a supprt group
for other ferret lovers.  What Jason and his injured baby needed was
support.  Having his ferret injured and not being able to provide for her
must have been very hard on him and while I'm not saying that anyone should
give him a handout, I think that in general we should refrain from
criticizing someone for asking for help.  For a lot of people, that is a
very brave thing to do.

                David Sawyer