From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 12:59:54 EDT
Dear Friends,
I just wanted to express my feelings regarding the plea for help from Jason
Salazar.  In case any of you are concerned he did manage to obtain the money
to pay for his little girl Missy's care but he and his wife had to sell
their text books back to the school to get it.

First of all let me say that Jason did not say that he had any bad
feelings/thoughts toward the fml or its members but he did mention that not
everyone felt his plea was appropriate.  I guess I can understand people
being wary because you never know who is going to try to make a quick buck
but I would like to think that none of us would try to take advantage of the
kindness of this group and there are mediators, like Trish, to help avoid
such situations.  If you did not agree with his methods that is fine, you do
not have to contribute but you do not have to condemn him either...just
don't respond!  If I had no other means I would beg, steal or borrow to save
the ones I love if I had no other means.  Wouldn't you?

Since February I have donated $220.00, that was not exactly burning a hole
in my pocket, to various fml causes.  For each donation I made I sat down
with my wish list, items for which I have been saving up for for some time,
and determined which I could do without for a while longer or altogether and
this money was then donated to those in greater need of it than I.  I do
this for myself because I have experienced poverty for more years of my life
than not.  I know what it is like to be cold, hungry, frightened that I
would not be able to provide for those in my charge and I believe that any
kindness I can show today will one day be returned to me or some one that I
care for.  I thought that was what we were all about!  If we can not afford
to help financially we could at least lend a kind word of sympathy or
support or just share in their sorrow.  We have done some pretty amazing
things here of late and I am proud to have been a part of it!  I may never
get the things that I have wished for for so long but I know that material
things could never give me the feeling that I get from helping or saving an
innocent baby or relieving their parents pain and worry.  I hope that no one
will blame Jason for this post as he had nothing to do with it nor did he
know of my intentions to post it.  I am an imperfect person but I try
everyday to make myself better and make an effort not to condemn others as I
have no way of knowing their situations or understanding the reasons for
what they do if I have not walked in their shoes.  If I hurt some one
unknowingly I pray that they understand and forgive me and if in my efforts
to help some one else I am taken for a fool I need not be ashamed for my
heart was in the right place and I would rather be a fool than unmoved by
the pain or plight of others.  In a world so full of sorrow and pain it does
not matter to me how the cry for help comes just know that I will be there.

I wanted to say something about the little baby Dayna Frazier recently
rescued but there are no words to express what I felt.  Everyday I am more
disillusioned with what we have become.  Please do not take offense but I
ask that you do not say that humans are the animals for animals have done
nothing wrong to warrant the insult.