From:
Sheri Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 23:21:01 -0500
Hi all--

First on my agenda: How is Tresderm mite medicine administered?  (Yes, in
the ear, I know *that* much <g>) The label got wet and wore off, and I swear
it's supposed to be given quite differently than Tiny Tiger.  Anyone know,
or have a bottle of Tresderm WITH the label still on?  And what is the
shelf-life of this med?

Ok . . . a cute story.  My friend Cece came over with her (human) baby
yesterday, and while she was here she said, "I've got to test something,"
and pulled a "wiggle worm" out of her diaper bag.  A wiggle worm is a Target
baby toy, with a yellow body about 12 in long and kind of twisted, and large
blue "rings" in it's back for baby to grab, and a green head with a squeaker
thing inside.  Well, all 5 of my ferrets were sound asleep, and Cece said
her two female ferrets go nuts when the wiggle worm is squeaked.  Mm-hmm.
Well, 3 or my 4 males woke right up and got a little agitated, but my 1
female went totally freako-nutso.  Running from door to door of the cage,
chewing on the wire, climbing the wire ... more stir-crazy than I've ever
seen her.  When I offered her the wiggle worm, she didn't want it, whether
it was squeaking or not.  I'm wondering if that specific squeak is very
similar to a sound an infant ferret might make?

If the wiggle worm sounds like a toy you might have, try squeaking it and
see what your ferrets do.  It's very funny!

--Sheri

"Until our paths find us together
        may you forever
          go in peace."
    --Mike Rayburn (comic entertainer and acoustic rock artist)