From:
Sheri Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 23:57:34 -0500
Hi all--

I haven't posted in awhile--but I want to share some wonderful news . . .
my skinny, cranky rescue BB is getting fat fat fat!  When I go him about 7
weeks agi, he was scrawny from being fed bird seed, hamster food and
Cheerios (where do people get these ideas, anyway?), and his back muscles
frozen in a "hunched" position from his tiny cage.

I've got Pepper, who weighed in at just over 4 pounds in June, and Uno, very
similar in weight.

Well--BB, though not weighed in, FEELS HEAVIER than both Uno and Pepper.
I'm so proud.  This skinny scrawny, ugly (I mean that in the nicest way, of
course) has turned into quite a large beautiful animal.  Well, large for a
ferret.  And his back muscles seem all stretched out and normal.  He's
hyper, playful, and the more comfortable he gets around here, the fiestier
he behaves.

One thing I'm wondering about--he's developing a dark "saddle" marking on
his back--is this indicative of a certain color pattern?  He's also got
"glasses" rings around his eyes rather than a mask.  I can't decide what
color he might be.  I lean toward "taupe" if you know what color I mean by
that.  What a funny looking ferret!  I can hardly wait until next
summer--hoping to cure the biting so I can take him out in public!

Princess and Uno, who joined us 2 days before BB did, are also doing well.
Princess is still teeny tiny, not even a pound, and Uno, my yellow boy, is
getting whiter every week, now that he's off fish based food.

We still can't believe we have FIVE ferrets.  Youch.  Some tails smell
fruity, but mostly they just smell like ferret.  No grape soda scents
around here--we should be so lucky.  Funny--when they're all piled into one
hammock sound asleep, they look like much MORE than just five.

--Sheri and Mort, Pepper, Uno, Princess, and BB

"Until our paths find us together
        may you forever
            go in peace."
            --Mike Rayburn (comic entertainer and acoustic rock artist)