From:
Deba Brezden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 04:57:38 -0600
Hi Ya FML ;o0

Well gee, here we are again, we felt we NEEDED to clarify here, since the
part of our last post, (the quote we found insulting), which in fact we were
referring to in our comment, somehow did NOT appear along WITH our comments,
even though, it was there when we sent the post.  However, fortunately we do
save "copies" of our "sent" emails for a few days, so that we have them just
in case anything should happen to them in transit as has apparently occurred
in this instance.  Missing on my post was...

The second part of the quote:
>I am so sad that you, Deba Bresden, have taken this third step of the
>ferret-human bonding procedure, a wonderous experience for both ferret
>and man, as an act of dastardly willful abuse.  It is my sincerest
>concern that both you and BIG are not embarrassed by this posting of
>mine, in view of your vitrolic condemnations about something that
>heretofore your were ignorant. Please, I do not condemn you. You just
>didn't know, and that's all right.

And am afraid that when it's present, the comment ya made BIG dosen't seem
to make as much sense anymore, BECAUSE, in fact according to Ed's quoted
post YOU TOO are "VITROLIC" and "IGNORANT".  However, while I DO myself
find, being condesended to, and called IGNORANT, very insulting, you're
of course every wit entitled to NOT be offended by the same.  It's these
comments in the second quoted part of Ed's post I find directed to and
personally about me, which was the point of my post, it seems to us that if
WE CAN NOT, direct our comments to anyone "personally" because that's the
RULE OF THUMB on FML, then certainly we would expect here, that NO ONE ELSE
SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO EITHER!  And we might add, that it isn't just in Ed's
post TO US HERE, but in fact happens quite often, we are truly simply asking
for "EQUITY" in all, and nothing more.  However, all that said, we are not
inclined to bear any grudges none the less, in Ed's case or in regards to
any other either.

Not Really Soooo Hard To Understand
Deba Brezden

[Moderator's note: This will be the last post on this topic.  I think Deba
feels a little picked on, and I would like to give her the opportunity to
air her grievance.  But that being done, I would like to put it behind us.

- Nothing was damaged in transit.  A long section of email was quoted and
  I shortened it, as is usual with posts which I consider to over quote.
- Correct, I do not consider the word "ignorant" to be a flame.  In fact,
  I hope the readers wouldn't mind if I called ALL of us, including myself,
  ignorant -- if we knew everything, we would have no need for this forum.
  We're here partly because we want to learn from other people's opinions.
- "vitrolic" [sic] as an adjective to describe the quality of posts, I
  find acceptable too.  I thought the posts were indeed somewhat caustic,
  but that's not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion.

I know some of you see things differently than I do and I apologize for
including stuff people find insulting.  It's simply not possible to please
all 3000 people, so I try for the best compromise possible.  BIG]