From:
Carla Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 1996 21:58:48 -0400
The Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club has a couple of ferrets currently
available for adoption:

Unnamed sable male, N/D, approx 5 months old.  Originally purchased by a man
who decided he didn't like the ferret, and who threatened to "take it out
and turn it loose" if our club member didn't buy it from him.  The cage he
was in was filthy, he had not received his vaccinations or any basic vet
care, and had never been let out to exercise.  This little boy is active and
alert, and gets along well with other ferrets; he is very shy around hands,
though, and will need a lot of patience and TLC to overcome his nervousness.
We would prefer to place him with an experienced ferret owner.

Albino male, N/D, approx 2 - 3 years old.  Riki was found wandering on his
own in the winter just over a year ago, and has been loved ever since.  His
owner had to move and could not take him, so Riki was turned over to the
club for adoption.  He had not been given his vaccinations, but seemed to be
alert and active (this guy dances with his shadow if no other playmate is
available!).  Routine vet checkup revealed 4 skin tumors, which were removed
last Tuesday.  Stitches will come out next Saturday, after which he will be
available for adoption.  We have already started his vaccinations.  Riki is
very social, and needs playmates.

If you are in the Rio Grande neighborhood, and would be interested in
adopting one of these critters, please contact me at [log in to unmask] or
[log in to unmask], or contact Lea at [log in to unmask]

Blessings,
Carla & the Woozlemaniacs
Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club

Faster than a speeding kibble -
          More powerful than a dirty litter pan -
                 Able to leap in and out of mischief in a single bound -
LOOK! Up on the shelf!
It's a book!
          Its a plant!
                  No, it's ...it's SUPERWOOZLE!

(from The Continuing Adventures of Rhodri - The Great Raisin Rescue (c)1996
by Carla Smith)