From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 01:33:57 -0600
I got a lot of requests to bring everyone up to day on the rest of my
business.  Sadly, I only have 20 now, having lost Ballistic and Foster in
the last couple of months.  Both were hard, because I was away from home
for both, and because I was very close to both.

AMBER: Healthy, fat and sassy, Amber's winter coat is darker than her
normal light yellow, leaving her a beautiful golden color.  She follows
me around and loves to sleep in my lap.

APOLLO: I was really worried about him for a while, but he has recovered
and is now a plump furball who loves to be scratched behind his ears.

BEAR: Can through adrenal surgery just fine, and is now much calmer and
putting on weight.  A big-time lap dog.

CARBONE: Has inherited Foster's love of mice and chicken.  He has gone back
into rut while I was gone.  I mean bigtime.  A dribbling stinkeroo if you
know what I mean.  Oh, and now he has TWO!  Some will understand.

CHRYS: The posterchild for a loving big dumb boy fert.  His picture is
beside "oaf" in the dictionary.

CRYSTAL: Has not put on much winter weight, so she is in the "Special food"
area during feeding time.  Has become a very sweet lady.

DAYE: What can I say.  Daye is the only ferret I allow to bite me at will.
I spoil her.  A real play hound.

FRAGLE: Doing just fine, thank you.  Cured of biting, she still LOVES to
tease me by nibbling at me skin.  A love bucket.

G.W.: I took what I learned about nutrition with Carbone and applied it to
G.W.  The boy is a white football.  He will be larger than Carbone soon.  I
mean HUGE!

JEZABEL: She's a plump little sweetie who loves to ride on my shoulder.  I
have a hard time telling the difference between her and Lady Noir.

LADY NOIR: What a beauty!!!  This little girl would make ever ferret fan
sad if I entered her into contests.  Be glad I don't!

MOOSE: Moose has always been on the small side--genetics mostly.  But like
Napoleon, he gets his way.  He personifies ferret play.

NOSETTE: Healthy and sleek, a real beautiful little girl.  Also, quite a
lap lover.

SAM LUC: This sweet little guy thinks I'm his best friend.  His abuse has
caused some neurological damage, but I forgive his occasional nip.

SANDY: This sweetie was diagnosed with terminal cancer two years ago.  She
is very thin and on my special diet, and I worry if she will see next year.
But she is ahppy and active, so I count days as blessings.

SILLY BOY: One of the prettiest silvers you will ever see, he is almost as
large as G.W. and both are larger than Tui.  And lovey dovey!

STELLA: The love of my life and my only obese ferret.  I have often
wondered if Stella was "special" for a ferret, but don't care.  I swear
she can gain weight by breathing air...

TORI: An angel in ferret clothing.  A sweeter ferret you will never meet,
nor one as pure white.

TRILLIAN: My largest female, she is nearly as large as Moose.  She looks
like an ermine on steroids.  A lap lover.

TUI: If I had to pick a fert to illustate "Ferret" in the dictionary, Tui
would be the one.  Not quite as large as Carbone, he is more solid so
nearly weighs the same.  He is also courting every shoe in sight.

Overall, everyone (with the exceptions listed above) is doing wonderful.
All love to play and today I gave them a new box of leaves, which are now
all over my library.  All are free-raoming, live together and eat mice.
Almost all will roll over on command, some will fetch, and a few will dance
in circles.  All will kiss, except Carbone who prefers to French kiss.
Yuck.  Because of Carbone and Tui, my library now has a special stink to
it.  Yes, very special.  Oh well, they guys are dumb and stinky, but they
are sure loving and gentle.

Bob C and 20 MO' Fert-O-Plenties