From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 11:13:51 -0700
Hi Yvonne
I am glad that you took the time to read Fiscus's story.  I have never
known Fiscus personally, but have come to know his pain and suffering
through his story.  I am on a mission, so to speak, i live in Wisconsin,
but i am printing his story to share with the public, i posted it in the
local pet store, and intend to post it in the vet clinics as permitted.
It is a story that is heart wrenching, but it needs to be told, to
everyone.  It is a shame that we consider ourselves superior to animals,
and yet we treat them this way.  Humans have a way of ignoring what we
don't want to deal with, granted sometimes we don't know how to deal with
it, but then maybe we should take the time to think, before making the
leap into animal ownership.  ( I hate that word, but it is the best that
i can think of at the moment) I don't own my ferrets, they own me.  I
love on them as often as i can, and i & they never know when it will
happen, cause it is spontaneous in this house, for they have free roam,
so when there is a ferret sighted, just cannot help but stoop down, pick
em up and love on them, i get rewarded with tons of kisses, and lots of
love back.  Sometimes i think they are fed better than i am, but i am
responsible for their wellbeing, health, mentally and physically.

AS i have been told, Fiscus is the archangel of the angeled ferrets, for
his sufferings.  Education is the best way to avoid, this unecessary
abuse, and how do you educate a public, with the written word, make them
aware that there is this kind of abuse that happens, someone out there,
may know, something, and be able to help a ferret or even another animal
in need.  I love and respect all animals.

Had a mother come in where i work, told me her young daughter wanted to
be a veterinarian, but loved meat, so she struggled with her wishes, she
thought she should be a vegetarian.  What i told the mother was this, tell
her daughter every time she sat down to eat that piece of meat that she
so loved, to give thanks for the animals sacrifice, so she could have
something she so loved and enjoyed.  I believe the Indians did so, with
everything?

I tend to get long winded, and have had topics bounce back at me, so i
hope this does not go over my limit.

I speak my peace to you all.
Respectfully
donna (Eppys mommy)