Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 04:15:01 -0800
We have a female ferret who had been fixed and dissented (Marshall
ferret) She is just now 4 years old and we've had her for almost 2
and 1/2 years.

On Sunday evening she started to vomit several times, we got her to
take some ferretone, ferretvite, and water after each she would vomit.
We took her to an after hours emergency clinic where the took some
x-rays which didn't show anything. The gave her some sub q fluid,
barium, and something else for her stomach. We didn't do the lab
work as it was 2 am and we wanted to take her to our vet.

In the morning she had used the litter pan and you could see that the
barium went through her. I took her to our vet as soon as he opened.
She was like a new ferret full of mischief and furiously dug in her
food dish while we were there. They looked her over and we figured
what ever the problem was the barium pushed it out and she was fine.
While at the vet she ate 4 bandits which is the first food I know she
ate since 6 pm the night before (It was 9:30am).

I took her home and she didn't eat until 3:00pm but she didn't look
right. I had the feeling she was nauseous as she was rubbing her face
on the floor and putting her head under a sleep sack. I took her back
to our vet where they did some more x-ray which didn't show anything.
We thought maybe the barium would have stuck to any obstructions. The
vet offered antibiotics or some meds for nausea and I took the nausea
route.

She still does not look right. She wont play much and she doesn't want
to eat. We are taking her back to our vet this morning.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is wrong with our little girl?

Thank you

Mike