Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 18:29:35 -0800
The reason I ask is one of our ferrets sometime breaths funny. When
he was breathing funny it was during times or itching or scratching
or eating. Today he seemed to be breathing funny while laying in a
hammock.

I use to be a Respiratory Therapist (career change a few years back),
so I got out my stethoscopes and listened and I could detect a little
bit of a wheeze.

I have never heard of ferrets having asthma before. Could this be
asthma or maybe just dry air? It's in the 20s outside and we do not
have a humidifier so the air inside must be dry.

This ferret is 2-3 years old, in good health otherwise. He is one of
our more active ferrets, rarely stopping or slowing down and always
getting into things. He jumps and dances, and tackles the other ferrets
or feet.

Thank you for your time.

Mike