From:
Robin Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 02:57:19 EST
>I've looked at the by-pass roads that are posted on ferrets anon, and
>am certainly willing to give that a go.... but, I've also heard that
>the checkpoints have been closed!  So, Those near the AZ/CA border,
>are the checkpoints still in effect?(Blythe, CA)

The checkpoints are mostly closed, They randomly open them and we never
know when.  BUT!  They are almost all open and checking commercial
vehicles.  So if you go through the truck land, you could be stopped.

Last week a Rider truck was stopped going through the Yermo AG Station.
The owner tried to tell the officer that the ferret was a hamster.  The
ferret was confiscated.  So please be careful.

Robin
California Domestic Ferret Assoc.
FURR Rescue