Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1993 20:48:34 -0400
Hi, I'd like to introduce myself (Jodi) and my BRAND new JUST fetched lil'
bugger (my first), Murphy.  He's a six week old albino male, neutered and
descented, and the wiggliest, most spastic sweet thang ever.  I left him in my
room for a minute while  I went to get him some water; when I came back, I
discovered that he had very cleverly used his litter box as both a) a toilet
and b) a sock drawer.  In a minute he had gone to the bathroom and deposited
four socks in the litter box.  He's wonderful, amazing...I'm from SC, illegal
ferret land, and I've always wanted one...I moved here (St. Paul) two years
ago and had cats, but now my cats are in SC so I *finally* got Murphy.
My giddiness aside, here's a question, probably awfully early in Murph's and my
relationship to worry about it,  but still...he's very sweet most of the time,
but when he gets up on the bed he goes crazy and starts hissing and snapping,
sometimes at me, sometimes biting.  It doesn't hurt, but I don't particularly
want him to get the idea that it's okay that he bites.  Unless, that is, that
it's totally normal and ok for him to do this.  I think he might smell residual
cat on the bed, and that's why he goes wacky.  Oh, and I got him Ferret Glo
shampoo, hee hee.  Is he too young to be bathed?  He seems to be itching a bit,
 I think it was because he was kept in cedar shavings (!) and might have picked
up some mites or something.
Thanks, and YAY!
-Jodi and Murrrrrphy