From:
Bobbie Daniel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1993 17:11:14 -0400
read with great wonder the FML & rec.pets articles on car trips!
  Apparently there are beaucoups people driving around with ferrets
calmly sitting on their laps or blithely perched upon shoulders--quel
marvel:-0
  For the past eight years I have not only been putting mine in either
carrier or cage (depending on trip length)--I have also been actually
buckling them in with the seatbelt/shoulder harness!
  There is an added safety factor here: other drivers will give you
a *wide* berth because all they can see is some poor crazy woman
driving around apparently talking to herself!
  Anyway, my question for the list is: are there actually laws about
driving with pets? and if so, what? and if you also use carriers, how
do *you* keep your weasel from thinking, "(carrier) + (car) = (oh no!
trip to vet!)" E.K. panics on outgoing trips and will try so hard to
dig his way out that he actually *pants*--although he is fine on the
homeward-bound trips. Thanx!
  Kate and Emmett    [log in to unmask]
p.s. here is a Santa for your Christmas-tree articles *<|:{>>