From:
"Phyllis A. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 01:30:19 -0500
I got Charlie Brown this afternoon.  The girls were out playing so I put him
down so He could get to know them.  Faith followed him like a puppy dog.
There has been no problems with these two.

Charlie Brown and Charrity got into it once.  I did separate them because I
was afraid that Charlie Brown would hurt her.  He had her by the side of the
neck.  She is so much littler than he is, even though he is only 16 weeks.

He looks like he could be Hope's twin.  The only difference is his mask is a
shade or two darker and his tail is complete.  It looks like someone cut off
the tip of Hope's tail.  These two are being my problem children.

They keep getting into it.  I think Hope is trying to mother him and he
doesn't want anything to do with it.  The only place I have seen he bite,
is the back of the neck like a mother would do.  He squeals and hisses a
lot, but I don't think she is really hurting him.  He is the same size or a
little bigger than she is.  I had the same problem and still does sometimes
with Charrity and Hope.  Hope is definitely my alpha.

I have for the most part let Hope and Charlie go.  I have yelled at them but
I have not reached in and separated them.  Is this what I should do?  There
hasn't been any blood, at least at this time.

Earlier I went in and Faith was laying on the bottom floor with him on the
blanket.  I did put him upstairs away from Hope once.  He doesn't seem to
like the hammock, so he went back down stairs.  He is eating and drinking.

Usually, when Hope and Charrity had problems was when they were out playing.
Hope and Charlie Brown has had one good go around in the cage.  Is it OK to
leave him in there?  No one seems to get hurt.

He has one bad habit.  He bites, but part of that is being so young.  This
doesn't really bother me since I worked so hard breaking Charrity of biting.
I know I can do it.  He doesn't act like he is used to being held.  He is
very anxious to get down.

Any advice about getting new babies to get along with their new family or
visa versa, please write me.  I welcome all suggestions

Phyllis and the Four Wigglies, Faith, Hope, Charrity, and Charlie Brown