From:
Larry & Debbie Whorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:58:55 -0500
We have received advice from several people, as well as questions, and =
thank you very much!  Please keep it coming.  It is good to learn more.

For those who missed the first post, Miss Sparkles is 5 1/2 yrs old.
She was recently diagnosed as adrenal, though she's probably had it for
at least six months.  She was a rescue.  Last Monday she was completely
crashed.  She could barely lift her head.  She was taken to the vet &
kept all day, being given fluids & forced to eat.  While there, an
ultrasound was done.  A 3 1/2 - 4 ml tumor was found on the left adrenal
gland.  Nothing was found on the pancreas.  The blood glucose levels
came back five times lower than they should have been (previously said
higher per what my husband told me).  Florence of FBOG came to our rescue
yesterday and brought foods and means of making Miss Sparkles want to
eat.  So far, she has eaten three full meals.  This is very, very
exciting!

The more we hear, the more concern we have about giving Miss Sparkles
Prednisone regularly.  She has weighed less than a pound since we've had
her.

Debbie Whorley