From:
Margie Szelmeczka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 1997 11:44:11 -0500
Senator,
True you can not interfer.  But you can go and personally present the
resolution to the parties, who are in the judicial system to show that
there is truly concern.

You need a resolution number on the one you sent me.  This resolution will
be no good if the ferret dies.  You will not only have lost a ferret but
will also have lost any hope for tourism, and its associated monies.

I spent my last 10 years in the Upper Pennisula of Michigan at the former KI
Sawyer AFB.  I have always, until this, referred to it as God's country.  I
now will be looking, with a broken heart, for another state to take up
residence.

I want to know why there was no investigation done into the bias of the
state community health officer as to her prejudices on animals.

The rabies strain in question, that has no studies, affects ALL animals.
Since there is no animal exempt from this lack of study form of rabies.
Thus the logical conculsion is NOW any animal bite must be considered as
rabid, since NO studies exist for ANY animal.

Suggest you pass the above as a resolution.  The Your Community Health
Officer is antiferret, thus she knew in advance exactly which strain would
automatically condemn the ferret to death.

Is this what the state of Michigan legal system is all about?  A Health
Officer allowed to use personal prejudice to kill animals she doesn't like?