From:
Margie Szelmeczka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 11:13:53 -0500
I have a 2 year old ferret who appears to have lost use of rear legs.

Background.  On Friday, May 30, 1997, I drove from Saginaw MI to St Louis
MO.  Enroute I had to stop in Indianapolis, IN due to 8 year old ferret
going into shock and seizure.  (Died 5:30 June 1, 1997)

Several of the 12 ferrets had the green poops and diarehea.  I have been
able to get all but 3 of them back to normal.

The 2 year old is a female, weighing 1 1/4 at the vet yesterday.  Blood
glucose was 142.

I also have a 3 year old male exhibiting a weakness in the rear limbs but
otherwise very fiesty.

Current medications are: sulfamethoxazole & trimethorpn .5 ml 2x day for 10
days; hi-vite drops (vitamin Suplemt.  + liver & Iron) 1/4 dropper 2x day;
amoxi .25 ml 2x day.

Would appreciate any advice.  The ferrets are in my care.  I am retired and
my budget is extremely limited at this point as medical bills are paid are
now $200 +.