From:
Caroline Worrall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 1995 15:23:22 -0700
Although my ferret, Sarah, does not seem to mind eating in public, she
does have a tendency to add to her Stash, as we call it.  Luckily, it's
not too humid out here so there is no problem with her storing food in
her hiding place, under the sink.  I'm not sure if she actually ever eats
it, it's mixed in with about 20 of my boyfriend's dirty, stinky socks (mine
aren't smelly enough to collect).  I guess she's packing food away for the
long winter, whenever that may be.

The other time she hides food is if she knows she's not supposed to have it,
like pizza crust or crackers.  She'll grab it in her mouth, shoot a guilty
look our way and dart under the nearest piece of furniture.  She also does
this if she's "breaking into" the cat's food which is different than hers.

I think it's pretty normal behavior.

Caroline