From:
Kymberlie Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 19:56:21 -0400
Hi guys:

I just want to get a jump on some info I have, but so far it's pretty
incomplete.

A few days ago a girl who had adopted a ferret from my shelter called.  A
friend of hers has a ferret she found, and can't keep, and neither can the
girl that called me.  The thing is, this ferret was found while this person
was on vacation in Florida (we're in Pennsylvania)!!!

Why these people brought the ferret out of state, I have no idea.  I also
don't know where in FL the ferret was found, or exactly when.  This
information I will have on Thursday, when the ferret comes to the shelter.
However, if anyone at all has heard of a ferret lost in FL, the description
may fit and we may be able to help.  The one thing I know about this ferret
(and have trouble believing) is that the ferret is a female, huge ferret,
about 4 pounds or more.  I've never seen or heard of a female of this size,
so I'll believe it when I see it.

Again, I just wanted to put word out now, so that if anyone has lost a
ferret they may be contacted.  Please, if you know of anyone with a
shelter/club etc., in FL, ask if they've gotten any reports of a lost
furball.  They can e-mail or call me directly at (814) 867-8562 between noon
and 4pm this week.

Kymberlie Becker
Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
"Forget Puppy Love...There's nothing Greater than Ferret Love!" TM