From:
Kymberlie Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 16:29:40 -0400
Hi guys:

Okay, I posted a few days ago about a ferret that was coming to my shelter
that was found in Florida.  Now I have some information to pass along.

The ferret was found sometime around February in the West Palm Beach area of
Florida.  At the time, it appears that the ferret was just a little baby.
She is not 4 lbs as I was first told, but she's getting quite large (for a
female), however whoever lost her would have only known her as a little one.
The people who found her said when they took her in she was tiny.

Although I know nothing about her history, she appears to be spayed--I came
to that guess because she is descented, and I'd assume that she was spayed
at the same time.

I will not, however describe her, because in this shelter business I know
how conniving people can be about saying "oh, yeah that's my ferret!" I want
the true owners to come forward, no fakes :)

The girl who brought her to me has adopted a ferret from me before, and at
the last minute she decided to keep Tyler, as she named her.  She is a
wonderful person and I know she will give an excellent home to Tyler, so for
those of you who wrote and would be interested in taking her, she's not up
for adoption (but thank you all VERY much for taking an interest to her!)

In any case, as anyone who has lost a ferret would know, I still would like
to find the original owner of this ferret, just to let them know that she is
fine, and they can stop worrying.  Of course, if they are still looking for
her, I would have to return her (it would break the new owners' heart, but
in any case I feel so bad for the people who lost her).

So, anyone in Florida, please notify any and all shelters (ferret or
otherwise) and ask if somewhere around February (that's a tentative time
frame, but it's a start) a baby ferret was lost.  They may respond via
e-mail or call me (814-867-8562) and I'll ask for a description.  Let's try
to ease someone's mind here--I have a feeling since this little girl was a
baby that this isn't a case of neglect, just an escaped ferret.

Kymberlie Becker
Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
"Forget Puppy Love...There's nothing Greater than Ferret Love!" TM