From:
"Schilling, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 08:39:45 -0400
Hey all....man it has been a hellish week.

Let's see....on Friday the 24th.  Snowball decided to eat part of a sock.
Watched her like a hawk and gave her a ton of Laxatone.  Monday the 27th,
bandit vomits about 5 times, so we are off to the ER vet.  Bandit stays
overnight to get IV fluids and x-rays.  Tuesday the 28th, go to pick up
Bandit, they say they see a little something in her stomach but they want
to be conservative about it.  We are off to the regular ferret vet.  For
all of you that live close to jacksonville Florida, I cannot recommend
this vet enough.  They were actually recommended to me by Jackie.  At the
vet they decide to do a barium series.  I go home and get a call about 5
to tell me that the Barium moved all the way through her system although
it did get a tiny bit snagged in her stomach.  They want to keep her
overnight to make sure she eat, drinks and poops.  As long as this is the
case she is coming home with me.  Keep in mind that this is the same
ferret that 2 years ago when her daddy was out to sea decided to eat the
bottom of a aerobic stepper and did the barium thing which stopped in her
intestine and here we are $1500 later LOL.  Wed the 29th, I go to pick
up Bandit and all is well, they tell me to keep an eye on her and to give
her laxatone more frequently than the other guys.  We managed to make it
Thursday through Saturday with no ferret catastrophes.  Oh and I forgot
to mention that my husband left on the 25th for sea duty but is coming
home on the 14th of this month.

Anyhoo, so last night (Sunday) Slick and Bandit are playing in a plastic
bag with the handles cut off and some holes in it.  Snowball comes in and
pounces on them.  I reach it and feel that slick is a little wet.  He
comes hauling out and vomits.  I immediately start digging through the
vomit with my fingers and pull out a piece of plastic bag.  I pull bandit
and snow out of the bag and match up the barfed piece with the hole in
the bag.  Thankfully that is the only part he ate.  I don't know if he
panicked when Snow jumped on them or what since that is TOTALLY
uncharacteristic of him.  Well laxatone cocktails for everyone that
night.  I had stupidly given them yogies earlier so most of them had the
case of the runs.

Well this morning, I am trying to get ready for work at 5 am to discover
that one of the tubes in the cage has broken.  So everyone comes out to
make sure they are all ok.  Everybody is fine but then of course snowball
starts with this little sharp cough.  Then Snickers starts doing it,
before you know it I am doing it!!!!!!!  ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH.  I
fixed the tube but I am off to get a new one today.  I have been coughing
for the last 2 days but I think it is because I haven't changed the air
filter in the apartment.  Does anyone else have any experience with air
filters and coughing ferts?  The only reason I am thinking that is the
source of the problem is because the coughing only seems to be happening
with me and the ferts when the air is running.  Just started in the last
day and the air filter is overdue for a change.  Oh the only good thing
that happened this morning is that Slick had a almost completely normal
poop.  I am getting concerned that the ferts know that Matt is gone and
they are a little depressed so of course I am off to the petstore for
some cheweasels and other goodies!!!  Oh and did I mention in all of this
confusion we are trying to close on a house!  AHHHH someone tell me when
it is over!

I almost forgot to to say thank you to all of those that were on my
memorial day card list.  All of your stories and poems were very very
touching.  I appreciate you letting me share the memories of your little
ones.  A special thanks for the great flag stickers, flag pin, and cute
hammie!!!

Dooks,
Tracy & the fuzzy 6