From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 19:25:05 -0800
Many of you read the post from Jennifer and Tiki about the "face-biting"
ferret.  I have contacted Jennifer and made arrangements to take this ferret
and work with this little one for as long as it takes to help her "overcome"
her biting habits.

Some of you may remember my success recently with a "serious biter" on his
way to be euthanized because no one could handle him...well it took me
one-and-a-half days to get him to realize that no one here would hurt him
and he only received love, so he had nothing to fear.  (He had been severely
abused!) The former biter is now called Itchy, due to skin irritations he
still suffers from due to being kept on **cedar** shavings.  First thing
when I get up now, I have to scratch his back while he gives me kisses.  We
are great friends now.

Now, this little one has not been abused to my knowledge, she just needs
understanding and love and a great deal of time.  Her present owners have
the love and understanding, but simply do not have the time to work with her
as she needs.  **I DO**, I always make the time for the kid's needs here.

So what we need now is to get her on a plane to me.  Does anyone know of an
airline who will accept ferrets (and treat them properly) without a human
companion onboard?  Perhaps Delta Dash would do the trick for us?  I just
need input from those who work with airlines or regularly fly ferrets across
the US.  Unfortunately, I am a little distance from MD, where the little one
resides right now.  Also, can anyone assist in getting the little one on the
plane for us as I don't know if her current owners can get her to the
airport due to work schedules and such.  Please contact me if you can help
or have information, or better ideas.

As for the funds to pay for her flight, well, I am sure we can all pull
together and get that taken care of somehow too.  If anyone would like to
help with a few bucks for her airfare, please contact me.

[I don't suppose any fuzzy-lovers out there just happen to be travelling
from MD to TX or NM or MO in the near future???  I have friends in NM and MO
who can hold her until I can drive there, and pick her up myself.]

Now, if you think I am tackling the impossible because of the distance, may
I remind you of White Fang and the fact that the **great FMLers* and I were
able to have surgery done for her in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, then bring
her here from Calgary.  After that, I know *nothing* is impossible.

Kisses to the fuzzies, and thanks to all who can respond to this post.

Trish