From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 15:56:34 -0500
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?
gid=1423922&messageid=6831&startid=6837

No, it was not me that wrote the article on doxorubicin for treating
insulinoma.  That was Dr Mike Dutton up in Weare, New Hampshire.  I
have not used it yet!  I am waiting for "them" to work out all "of the
bugs" first.  Doxorubicin is a potent chemo drug, but it also has some
potential serious side effects (ie damage to the heart).

The Gulf Coast Referral Center in Houston, Texas (Dr Natalie Antinoff and
I think it is Dr Kevin Hahn) is working with streptozocin with some good
results too.  Chemotherapy may become the treatment of choice in the near
future, but Drs. Dutton and Antinoff are the "pioneers" in that research.

Jerry Murray, DVM