From:
Lois Caselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 23:33:44 -0600
I posted last month about the man in Iowa who had bought an unaltered set
of ferrets.  He thought he could make a quick buck on them but found out
that pet stores want pet quality ferrets, not breeders.

Lynn Toole sent me 3 ADV tests so if he really dropped them off on me, I
would be prepared.  ( Thank you I needed them today )

Anyway, we put them straight in the truck and didn't let them in the
house, and headed to Kansas City to get them vet checked.  I just took
the tests with me so we could do them at the vet office.  They were ADV
NEG.  which of course thrilled me.  Other than ear mites they have a
clean bill of health.  We did the distemper vaccine today, and will do
another in 2 weeks.  Then it's getting fixed time!  She thought they
were just under a year old.

The man told me that the male bit so he didn't mess with them.  He said
he didn't like to get bit, like the rest of us do I guess.  Anyway, they
haven't been out of their cage for the whole 2 months that he had them
because he was afraid they would kill his chins and birds.  The male
"talked" the whole time he explored the sun room.

These babies had 3 injections and didn't even offer to bite.  I was very
proud of them.  I know it'll come, but at least it wasn't our vet who had
the first bite pleasure lol.

I only have one youngster, the rest are 4 and up so I hope they'll
work in.  BTW, she is an albino and he is a panda, and they are both
beautiful!

Lois
Missing 9
Hugging 17