From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 23:12:41 -0000
About a month ago, Muggsie (a.k.a.  The Mugg Man) slowed down.  He didn't
dance much, and he quit jumping and fighting on the blankie rides around the
Wreck Room.  He'd play a little, beg for raisins, and go off for a nap.  I
thought he was bored and missing Rebecca's ex-boyfriend who played like an
overgrown ferret himself.

Suddenly -- and I do mean overnight -- Muggsie woke up with the most
beautiful coat I have seen outside a ferret show.  He is fat.  He is fluffy.
He is beautiful.  He is also slow, sleepy and hungry.  I call him my wooly
bear, because he looks and acts like one.

So my question is (just to make sure): Do ferrets half-hibernate some years?
The guy sure *looks* healthy enough!  My concern is the amount he sleeps and
his lack of interest in playing very hard.  The only peculiarity Mugg Man
has ever had is the amount of water he drinks and the amount he pees.  You'd
think he was a cat.  But I have wondered if it meant anything.