From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 08:47:44 EST
To the person who wrote Bob C. about wanting more ferrets but not being
able to afford medical bills (and anyone else in the sme boat), I suggest
you contact your local ferret shelter.  Most would LOVE to have someone
ferret knowledgeable to foster their harder to adopt ferrets.  In the case
of Fuzztek Shelter, we foster out older ferrets (and those with handicaps)
who are perfectly healthy and sweet, but likely will be passed over for the
younger ferrets in the shelter.  We continue to pick up the medical costs
(the ferret does need to be taken to the shelters vet).  When we foster out
a ferret, it is generally for life, unless the foster family can no longer
care for the ferret due to increasingly critical medical problems, etc.
If anyone in Central or Northern NJ is interested in knowing more about
fostering for the Fuzztek Shelter, feel free to write me.

-Anne