Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:04:19 -0500
Hello all,

I've written Sukie privately to thank her and now I'd like to share
with the rest what is going on.

First and foremost I need to stress that my ferrets reaction was
absolutely NOT caused by the Ferretonin implant. My vet and I came to
the same conclusion that Sukie, Dr. Murray and others did; his adrenal
disease had been masking the insulinoma and when the adrenal disease
was treated with the implant, the insulinoma reared it's ugly head.
Couple that with a previously undiagnosed heart condition and my
immediate knee jerk reaction was to remove the implant. I've used
Ferretonin since it first became available with wonderful results and
MY mistake here was waiting too long to have the implants re-done.

The other ferret Boomer that was mentioned in my original post also has
insulinoma that wasn't evident until his adrenal disease was treated.
Both Randy and Boomer now are being treated with Pediapred.
Unfortunately Boomer who had a mass removed from his prepuce last week
has a confirmed case of adenocarcinoma. My vet said I had two choices,
chemo or a 'PU', removing the penis and all surrounding tissue and
turning Boomy into a Bella. I've opted for the surgery and would like
to hear from others who have had experience with this.

Leslie