From:
hooligan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2011 17:27:05 -0700
From: Sukie Crandall
>5. Existing heart disease causes labored breathing. Some ferrets with
>heart disease can become restless due to discomfort.

Sukie (not a vet)
In relation to the labored breathing reaction. I have found with my
"human" body when my cortisol gets low, I become very anxious & get
can heart Palpations. It's an awful feeling, wired & tired at the
same time. When I am in one of these states, I take a small amount of
hydrocortisone & it's amazing how quick I settle down. If it's late at
night I also calm down & sleep much better. Almost like the cortisol
gives me enough energy to sleep. It's seems to be a paradoxal reaction.

Tracy