From:
outlawdook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 09:20:05 -0700
I was quite surprised that no one addressed, Elizabeth Cantu's post in FML
# 2645 regarding <[log in to unmask]> Subject: North westerners, HELP!

>I have been looking for a ferret to adopt so that my other ferret has a
>friend.  My vet gave me Northwest Ferret's number..some of you know the
>founder as Ed Lipinsky.  This Saturday I went by his place on Mercer to
>look at some of his ferrets and I was taken aback of his treatment of
>them.... I almost threw-up.... The conditions were unbelievable.  I want
>to cry, to run like hell out of there.... What can be done about this
>Ferret Northwest?

Is everyone speechless or in shock ?  Is there anyone concerned enough to
personally go and see for themselves if this is true.  I was equally
surprised that Ed L., did not respond in the FML # 2546.

Ed L., I'm not going to blast you to the moon with any flames.  But if what
Elizabeth says is true, do you not love your ferrets enough to ask for
assistance and volunteers to help you out, considering you have said you
have up to 52 ferrets ?  It sounds like things have gotten you in over your
head and you are so overwhelmed by it, you just keep putting cleaning off
until another day and that other day never comes.  I find you repulsive in
some of your posts and particularly wondered what planet you are from.
But, I can lay all that aside and try to help you get volunteers to help
you get organized, clean and leave any hard feelings behind, for the
ferrets.  When you get organized and things seem like they are about to
start going down, then it is time to ask for help again.  I'm in southern
CaCaLand, so I can't physically go up to Washington, but I'll help with any
cleaning materials you need.

Ask and you shall receive.
OutlawDook

[Moderator's note: I've heard rather conflicting views about Ed's shelter.
I think the first priority here is to find out if the conditions are indeed
as described.  If Ed is in over his head, there are many people on the FML
willing to help, and I hope Ed will welcome the assistance.

This is not the time nor the place to start a flame war about it (and no,
outlawdook, your post is not a flame -- in fact, I'm pretty much restating
what you've already said).  If the ferrets need help, we need to offer to
help.  If they don't need help, it would be nice to know that too so our
energies can be focused elsewhere.

Please remember that flames and accusations usually are not energy sources,
but energy drainers.  BIG]