From:
Jodie Bohlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 14:02:41 EDT
I just sent in a letter to you all when I saw this.  Yesterday Karen
Ellingson said:

>Last night our 1 year old who is rather petite got a piece of this food
>stuck whole across the palate of her mouth.  The shape got wedged in
>tightly between the sides of her teeth.

Recently I had the exact same thing happen to my ferret only with a
completely different shaped kibble (kind of roundish, only fairly big for
her little mouth)!  I also got a little bloody in the process of trying to
help her, and finally managed to dislodge the piece with a Q-tip.  I really
don't want to change her food as she is a picky eater, but I'd hate for
that to happen if I wasn't right there to help.  I thought this was a total
fluke and was surprised to hear that it had happened to someone else.  I've
never heard of it happening to any other kind of animal.  Is this a fairly
common ferret thing?  Can they get it out eventually without help?  Or is
this serious and I should change food ASAP?