From:
Fran Schreiber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 14:50:41 -0400
Dr. Williams:

I was wondering if you had the information regarding the rules and regulations
concerning domestication of ferrets in this country.  As you know, to date,
ferrets are considered a "wild animal" along with the exotic description.

There has been quite some concern here both in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
and we understand that your research might involve some of these issues.  We
want to understand why when a ferret bites someone, why should that animal be
put down for a rabies test. (It is not required here in New Jersey for a
rabies shot, only feline and canine distemper-combo).

Your input on this subject will be greatly appreciated and studied.

Thanks.

Fran Schreiber
(Remember Chooch who had the stroke?-his mom)
and now the mom of "Chip" and "Chach".