From:
EI - Lydia Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:44:06 -0500
I know I will get flames but here goes anyway.  The FML is not Dr.
Williams.  It's people that are all into ferrets.  Yes it was wonderful
that Dr. Williams help us for free, but there are still wonderful people
here with years of experience that can still help.  It's not ending, BIG
is still doing a wonderful job.  Isn't it time to close the Dr. Williams
issue and move on?

The most wonderful thing has happened.  After 6 mos.  of terror Bubba and
Murray have become friends.  Murray lives in the cage with our 6 others.
After letting Murray feel at home in our house we tried to get him into the
cage with our other 6.  He wanted no part.  He beat all of them up, Bubba
got the worst of it.  Bubba was king before Murray.  I started giving them
play time together and every time Murray would fight I would put him into
the cage for time out.  He finally got the message.  But putting him into
the cage over night he would still fight.  It's been 2 weeks now and Murray
has been in the cage with no fighting at all.  Over the weekend I got a
wonderful pic of Murray and Bubba sleeping together.  It was not an easy
process but I know that Murray is a loving ferret and he deserves to have
buddies.  It just took him that long to realize it.

Lydia

[Moderator's note: Actually a couple of people did unsubscribe saying
they've had enough of all the "stop the flaming" posts.  As usual, it's
hard to know where to draw the line.  BIG]