From:
"Diane E. Emery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 1995 09:07:12 -0600
Hi all, a few months ago, we started sprinkling Rocket's food with Brewers
Yeast (vitamin suppliment) and garlic powder (flea repellent). Well, he is
now addicted to garlic powder. He shuns his food unless it is 'seasoned' to
his liking! Oh, he'll take a kibble or two of plain food (we use Iams) and
he always USED to eat it plain but now that we started, we cant stop the
garlic. I just want to make sure there arent any problems with him eating
garlic powder every day, probably only a 1/4 tsp. or so and I make sure it
is PURE with no preservatives. Anyone see a problem with this? Other than
the fact that his kisses are STINKY right after a good meal!! :) Also, is
powdered milk safe to give ferrets or does it cause the same problems other
dairy products do?

        One other question, Im not sure of the differences between the
dance of joy, war dance, etc. When Rocket gets real hyper, he hops in
place, twisting in the air and dooking wildly. Looks like he's trying to
bite his own rearend! Quite a funny site! It is then followed by frantic
running under any object of furnature available. Anyone else's ferret do
this type of dance?

Thanks for the help!

Diane and Alex (humans) and Rocket (mmmm, yummy garlic...want a kiss ma?)