From:
Chris Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 09:55:20 -0400
Hello all.

A couple weeks ago we actually had a house guest and after proudly showing
off our new baby (Hotspur) we headed out to the bars.  I just happened to
be wearing my FML 10th anniversary shirt.  So there we were waiting in line
trying to get noticed at the bar, when I notice this guy beside me sitting
on a bar stool keeps looking at me.  Well my first reaction was to huddle
much closer to my SO and try to appear oblivious (hey, it was the first
weekend before college started and all the drunks were out).  So then this
fellow says to me, "I see you're in to ferrets.  Did you know that San
Francisco is trying to make them legal there?"  I almost fell over (even
though I wasn't sitting on a bar stool).  Ok, I woulnd't have known about
San Fran if it hadn't been for the FML.  So of course, once someone
mentions ferrets I start blabbing.  It was a nice shock.  Maybe I'll get 6
more FML shirts and wear one each day!

cheers
chris b in WV and the WVU ferts, Fidget and Hotspur