From:
"Marya K. Kowal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 00:28:37 -0500
Just a quick reply to the mink story...my grandmother was raised on a large
farm and was in charge of her family's chickens during her childhood.  She
has always maintained that minks suck blood because she would find the
chicken corpses with teeth marks (chewed up, basically) on them, but no real
meat missing.  As chickens set up a serious fuss when they FINALLY wake up,
the story always began with a midnight race to the henhouse and minks caught
in the act and scattering to the 4 winds.  When I mentioned to her that the
reason there was no meat missing might be that she always got there before
dinner began...well, I was reminded that it was HER story and interruptions
of an octegenarian is rudeness beyond belief.

So, this might explain the bloodsucking stories. It's alot less dramatic if
the minks aren't little glowing-eyed vampires coming to get YOU next.

Marya and the WHOLE family.

ps. the only mink I ever ran into bit me through the cage I leaned against,
and not only wouldn't let go, but started CHEWING on me too. so, in my
experience they are Very Vicious animals. Here in our part of Ohio any
animal raised for profit is labelled domestic for legal purposes, so an
animal can be domestic without being domesticated. confusing, no?