From:
April Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 12:21:20 -0400
LOL-I slept in our backyard with the ferrets in a tent last night!  I
had been outside with them all afternoon reading (well, they weren't
reading-they were on their harnesses, leashes and long ropes digging up
my yard and wrestling) and as it got dusky, I didn't want to go inside b/c
it was so nice, but I didn't feel like getting us all eaten by mosquitos
(I do use heartworm preventative!), so I set up our small tent and piled
us all in!

You need to make sure the zippers to the doors are all either zipped above
where they can reach or clipped shut (Finny likes to open every kind of
door and escape-I use their leash clips to clip one zipper to the other)
and make sure the "windows" are unzipped to reveal the screen parts so
they get enough air.  Make sure it's not too hot-it gets hot in a tent in
the sun, and can be too hot for a fert.  We have taken them camping quite
a few times, and you really have to get up and out once the sun hits your
tent.

The tent I have is a Sir Edmund Hillary from Sears, and the ferrets have
not been able to tear or dig through any of the materials.  It's thin but
tough.  Make sure they have food and water (I even had a potty in there-
we WERE in their all night, after all).  My guys think camping and tenting
in the backyard is fun!

As long as you're supervising and they have enough air and water, they
should be fine!

Good luck!

-April