From:
Stephanie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:05:04 -0500
I have to concur with everyone else.  If the water playing bothers you
get a water bottle.  There are a bunch of different ones out there,
although I didn't have good luck with the one that has the cute little
duckie float in it (can't remember the brand name)

All 3 of my ferrets will dig and play in the water bowl.  One would dig
out the water, then dig out the food, leave for the food to soak for a
while and come back to eat the soft food (he had no problem eating dry
kibble, he just perfers it wet).  My other male tries to bathe in the
water bowl, along with digging all the water out and snokeling, and
amazingly waits until the other 2 are at the dogs bowl and the runs by
and jumps on them to dunk them in the water.  My female just likes to
play with the water and make the biggest mess possible.

As far as them not liking water...my older male likes to lounge in the
warm bath water and float on his back if I hold his front feet like he
was in a hot tub or spa.  He almost falls asleep in the water.  He
however, hates the rest of the bath.:)

Stephanie
3 fuzzies and a ferret herding puppy