From:
Stephanie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:27:20 -0500
>I use Swheat Scoop litter and love it.  But every now and then I get
>paranoid about the dust.  If anyone using this has ever had a problem
>with it and their ferrets please let me know!

I tried it once thinking that it would be interesting to try.  BIG
mistake.  Imagine if you will 3 ferrets checking out the new litter pan
with this interesting stuff in it.  (We have always used yesterday's
news)  Next thing we know there are 3 ferrets fighting over the small
litter pan (was training the younger two into using the litter boxes in
the cage and not just picking corners and going) trying to dig it out.

We had Swheat Scoop litter EVERYWHERE!  They had flung it all around the
room in a matter of minutes.  My oldest thought it was sand and decided
it would be great fun to tunnel and dig in it and really flung it around
the room.  I also found that because of their playing it that the dust
stuck to their noses and that bothered me.

So we stayed with the yesterday's news and don't have any problems
with it.

Good luck
Stephanie G.