From:
Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:04:18 -0400
Sandy Repper wrote:
>So look at the bottom of your cabinets, under the edge, from a ferrets
>view point.

One really good tool for ferret-proofing is a periscope (I bought a plastic
one at Wal-Mart for under $10).  Held upside down while you're kneeling,
this gives an excellent "ferret-view" look at things (and for those of you
with children, held upside down while standing gives a young child's view,
and right side up gives a teenage boy's view <g>).

I also found that the best way to ferret-proof a new house is clean to all
the baseboards by hand, along with the window sills and around appliances.
This gave me a great down-close view of what my little one might get into,
and the cleaning needed to be done anyway. <g>

You know you're a ferret lover when spending 4 hours cleaning baseboards
by hand instead of using a sponge mop is considered "time saving" cause
you won't have to ferret-proof later. <g>

Debbie & Jim
Pixie (The one in charge)