From:
reanee gladden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2009 19:40:20 +0000
I have been spending a ton more time with my ferrets these days. They
of course are always a huge part of my life. But my hubby got laid off,
and I don't start back to my seasonal job until some time later in the
month, It is only for 4 months, and next year I prob. won't have a job
to go to there. Then who knows what is to come. Yep depression big
time. Worry, fretting, and afaid I will loose my home. Hell, I can get
learn to readjust, but what about my animals? Who on earth would want 5
dogs and 14 ferrets? I refuse to loose these guys. I have had ferrets
ever since they were legal here in Michigan, done a lot of ferret
education, taken in and re-homed many, spent hours with the special
need ones, and mourned every loss I have had. I chose that as part of
my life, and never want to lose it. Ferrets have the audicity to love
life. They bounce with joy at the simplest of things. So easy to have
things for them to play with and in, so inexpensive to please. A
plastic bag, a new box, a rag for a bed. Anthing is a joy for them. I
moved my sewing machine up into their room. Last night, they were so
much NO help with what I was sewing, but they sure were nosy about
everything I was doing. Oh and just had to shove things off the sewing
machine cabinet, and try my cocoa, and upset the fabric I was working
on ( they thought it was a wonderful new bed.

My ferrets give me lessons on life that I don't really notice. Live
life to it's fullest, dance when something makes you happy, poof if
your upset, find joy in the simple things in life, if things are going
smoothly, jumble it up a bit. I just don't know how I ever got along in
life without them. With the economy the way it is, and so many layoffs,
and jobs being scarce these days, I worry, that I will lose everything
I worked so hard for. But I worry mostly that I could lose my ferrets.
My baby's the joys of my life. They are the only thing that makes me
smile these days.

So I find myself spending more and more time with my ferrets. A lot of
people can't see what the charms of being owned by ferrets are. Well I
am here to tell them, that seeing the joy of living they have, is a
lesson to all of us. They don't worry about the next moment what so
ever. They joy and thrill of now this second is all that counts to
them. They give me a reason to keep on trying, to fight, to exist. I
refuse to loose them to this economy. We are ferret we will not back
down.
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5191470&section_id=5147316