From:
reanee gladden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 00:12:40 +0000
I am looking for any info anyone might have, on Spinal Lymphoma in
ferrets. There is a possibility that one of my baby's could have it.
Has any one ever delt with this or heard of it in ferrets. I guess it
is fairly common in cats, but so far I do not remember hearing of it
with ferrets.

Madison, started out with her little knee caps popping out on her. Now
she is loosing a lot of the use of her back legs. We have her on Pred
right now, on I am keeping her on the floor, with no climbing. Today I
noticed that on one of her rear legs, her toes were curled more than
normal.

I have seen ferrets loose there rear usage with insolinoma, but this is
acting different that that. The vet also said it could be a spinal
injury in a disc.

Madison is around 4-5 years old. She is a charming, flirty ferret,and
one of the most photogenic ferrets I have ever met, and has always been
one of my favs. to take to ferret educations and get togeathers. She
had a huge love of life, and right now, it is all I can do to get baby
food down her. She is getting pred. 2 x a day, I have been sub-quing
her twice a day, and also getting food down her as often as I can. But
she is very depressed right now, and it is breaking my heart. .

So please anyone with know. of spinal lymphoma, I would sure appreciate
any feed back.

Reanee

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5191470&section_id=5147316