From:
Chris Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 09:29:52 -0400
Hi All!

All this talk of ferret hit rates made me think, well I had to chime in too!

My Fidget has an almost 100% hit rate (thanks to his first Mom Karen who
trained him).  I only had some trouble at our new house because the previous
kitties werent' so diligent about their litter habits and Fidget was a
little confused about where the toity actually was.  Now we are fine.

He had access to the living room and dining room which open up into each
other through a really wide passage way so it's almost like one room.
Anyway, his cage is in the living room and the kitty litter box is in the
dining room (we just now got the dining room table so dont' think we have
guests over and then kitty goes to the box<g>).  Well the little devil
almost always gets to his litter pan and does his business before I can get
to his cage and let him out.  Sometimes in the mornings though he had to get
out first.  Well the other morning he was out and instead of going back to
his cage he climed IN the kitty's huge covered litter box and proceeded to
do his business!  I was soo shocked because he didnt' even back into a
corner, he used the front, staying where he could see out!  I didn't know
whether to praise him (I did) or tell him he was soo lazy for not wanting to
go to the other room.

I finally managed to track down some totally ferret in Harrisburg PA, thank
goodness my better half's parents live up that way because TF can't be found
in WV.  And I picked up some of that Yesterday's News.  Well at first I
thought that was going to be a bust because Fidget's first reaction was to
tunnel in it.  But after wearing that out I think he has decided he likes it
and I like it better than cat litter.

cheers
chris (just starting year two of my MA)
and Fidget (I must eat the socks! Hey where are you taking them!)

--
Bacca's Menagerie
www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/3230