From:
Leah Drobel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 00:26:00 -0400
As many of you know, I lost my little guy Roscoe recently. He was a
sweet little elderly ferret that I found in our backyard. In spite of
his health issues, I had the pleasure of his love and company for 1 yr.

I know the greatest tribute you can give your ferret is, when he passes
away, to rescue another. So that's just what I did! I actually found
a vet here in South Jersey, that does rescue for ferrets, birds and
reptiles. She had a little kit listed on craiglist, which described
her as very sweet. I went to see her and we immediately bonded! She is
about 11 mo. old, chocolate, she was found wandering around when she
was just about 3 mo. old. The vet has taken her up to the Univ. of
Penna to visit children in the leukemia ward, so you know she has to be
a very good girl! We are not sure but think we will call her Skittles.
And I will be able to use this vet for her, I had no idea there were
any vets that are savvy about ferrets in this area. There is usually a
5 day wait to get a ferret at this rescue, and they come to your house
to check it out, but fortunately this vet knows the vet in Cherry Hill
that I used for Roscoe, and gave me an excellent referrel! Skittles
has fit in so well here with the cats, I am still working on the 2
papillons, they are very curious about this new active fuzzy, but am
sure they will get used to her, as they did with Roscoe. Just wanted
to share the good news!