From:
Leah Drobel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 May 2008 06:04:05 -0400
I found Roscoe in our backyard last summer so do not know his history.
The vet, who is very familiar with fuzzies, said he is from 3-5 yrs
old. From the time he found me, he has seemed really laid back and not
an energetic playful fellow. Since I have had him, he has been found
positive for insulinoma. (Maybe that's why someone ditched him?) He is
getting pred 2 x a day, eating well. His level was 69 the last time I
had him in, he goes back in a few weeks for another glucose test. (This
is up from 48 the month before). So, the pred is working, hopefully it
will be above 70 the next time he goes in. He was xrayed and had blood
labs done, everything looked good. But, all he does is walk around,
explore a little bit, then go nap. I try to get him to play to no
avail. I wonder, maybe he is older than 5........and in that case, do
they get that mellow when they age? He is definitely the calmest ferret
I have ever seen. We all love him, he is so sweet and gives us kisses
on our chins. He is out of his 3 level cage 2 x a day, for a total of 4
hrs. Any advice would be appreciated!