Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 23:25:01 -0500
While I understand how crushed those who gave to the tree are to not
get a response from their ferrets (especially those posted about who
aren't on the fml) please keep in mind how hectic life is for all of
us, then multiply it by, I don't know 10 or 100. I know when Baby was
sick everything (EVERYTHING - planning wedding, house hunting) got
pushed aside. Not to mention holiday thank you's and birthday cards!!!
I know what it's like to address a card ahead of time, then never write
the letter. It's pathetic and I have no excuse, but shelter operators
are busy. It is absolutely wonderful to receive a heartfelt card of
thanks, but that's not always possible for them, not at the expense of
time caring for the ferrets.

But I have a small, possibly helpful solution. When you send a donation
or items, include your e-mail address with the note. I sometimes feel
silly doing this, as if I expect a response, but i just figure if the
shelter is so inclined that it will be a lot easier for them to send a
quick e-mail note than to find the time to put pen to paper.

Dooks
Risa