Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:39:14 EST
>Just talked to the Vet - Siobhan is stable (not going downhill any more,
>but not improving much either.) Even after 24 hours on IV fluids she's
>still dehydrated, having problems thermoregulating, and doesn't want to
>eat much.  They feel it's safer for her to spend the weekend at the
>clinic, & will keep in touch with me in case anything happens.

Siobhan didn't make it - she died early this morning (Monday).  I guess she
just really lost the will to live after her best buddy Finn died....

Finn & Siobhan came to me as a bonded pair.  I've never since seen ferrets
as closely dependent on each other as these two showed - just like "old
marrieds."

Even when doing other things, they always kept track of where each other
was, & touched noses every time they'd pass.  Finn would put up with
things from Siobhan that he wouldn't tolerate from anyone else, and Siobhan
"wife'd" him unmercifully.... "Dear, are your ears clean?  Here, hold
still.... turn your head.  That's right." They even played more gently
with each other than with anyone else.

I feel like putting my fist through a wall right now......

Carla Smith  <><
WhyNot? Ferrets
http://www.whynotferrets.com
ICQ:  29478475
member, Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club, El Paso, TX
"Every pet deserves to be loved, and to have someone cry over them when
they're gone."