From:
Corynne dejong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 14:09:11 EDT
I would like to say thank you to all of you for your support with Jesse's
passing.  This list has been wonderful.

After this experience, I can't believe how cruel some people can be...
family & co workers kept saying "at least it's just a ferret", or just
ignoring me!  Just a ferret!  Please, this was my baby.  He was one of my
kids, and after Beau being lost I just broke down.  This has been a hard
month & I don't know what I would do without all your support.  Thank you!

Screaming ferrets - I've been hearing about them, but hadn't experienced
it until this weekend.  We put in an application for Joseph (before Jesse
went downhill) and brought him home Saturday.  The first part of the day
was fine, they just ignored each other, but since then, I don't get it!
He runs after Daisy, she screams & runs away, they run around & around &
around, then when she looses him, she lays down & waits for him!  Then they
run around again & end up in a blanket or under the bathroom rug - she's
screaming and hissing & he's wagging his tail and dooking like crazy!
They're trying to bite each other.  Are they fighting or playing???  She
acts like she's scared of him, but then won't stay away from him!  Wierd
little critters!  Anybody have any ideas???

Corynne