From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 17:46:13 -0500
Glad to find out what mince meat was (I thought maybe the giblets?) But
still - do you feed it cooked or raw?  that is the question.  Only one of my
two (Giesela) will occassionally eat a cooked piece of steak, but will drag
hot wings away and stash them (I count them as she takes them one by one off
the plate and then go find them) but she shows no interest in eating or
chewing on them.  As for fur and bones - I just got a post on dried bananna
peel causing surgery - how do ferrets survive eating mice bones and fur when
something like that can cause a blockage?  I live in terror of my ferrets
swallowing a sunflower seed shell from the yard (have lots of bird feeders).

Shows: Am going to the Elkhart show with my vet (has a ferret) and another
"ferret friend".  Should we wear a badge?

Bob (or is it Bill? sorry) Would love to have you stop by here in Michigan
on one of your education/museum jaunts.

Male vs. female.  Boris is my little loner people wise, Giesela is much more
people oriented.  Its weird because I got her a male friend because I have
seen this topic come up several times on aol and overwhelmingly most people
say males are more laid back (although there are some voracious female
defenders) and since I believe that's also true with cats I got a male for
my sake but it didn't really work out that way. Also while Boris is a
sock/glove stasher, Giesela only steals and stashes food, of course she EATS
socks, rugs q-tips, boots......sigh.

Still looking for ingestation stories
And last - to Sprite in OK - you go girl! Your doing wonderful stuff!
Mary and the dookless duo Boris and Giesela (my two very quiet hell on
wheels:)