From:
Samone Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 11:02:34 -0400
Carl's comments:
>Now the big question, the ferrets being sold, per the ferrets being brought
>to a vet for adrenal operations doesn't fit.  If you go into any one of
>these super pet stores, and ask how many ferrets they sell a month or even a
>year, then ask a vet how many he has cared for over that same term, the
>numbers don't come out right!

This is the same thing I didn't understand.  I had to do quite a bit of
research to find someone to do adrenal surgery on my sweetie pie, Bear.  My
vet (very knowledgeable and experienced) had only done 2 herself.  She
recommended other vets (also not too many themselves).  After I finally
found a surgeon (Dr. Rabkin) here on Long Island to do the surgery, even he
hadn't done too many.  According to my regular vet, many owners decide not
to go through with the surgery after the ferrets are diagnosed :-(.  Hard to
believe, but it could be part of the answer to your question.  I guess it
has alot to do with age, health, money?  Anyway, I hope this helps, and I
hope it changes.

BTW, Bear is slowly getting better (only a week) and special thanks to all
who wrote me and offered advice.

Dooks,
Samone (human)
Bear (I feel better, honest, now pleeeease let me out!)
Gizmo (Yeesh!  How  come he gets all the attention, I'm cuter!)