From:
"S.Hewett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 16:01:53 +0800
John wrote:

>Shirley, PLEASE do not start another 'raw' vs. 'kibble' debate....
>Ithink it would have been more "appropriate" to email "jj"
>privately!... And I think that BIG & others would agree. Let`s not
>have another 'fiasco' started. If I recall correctly, BIG asked us
>ALL to put an ending to that particular "debate" sometime ago.

And I reply:

The saddest thing that I am seeing on the FML these days happens when
a person posts asking for advice and all of the replies are sent
off-list. Once, we used to be able to share our thoughts and ideas
about ferrets, and everybody had a chance to learn something new.  Now,
if somebody asks a question and I think that I'd like to hear different
peoples point of view on that, I am left wanting because too many
FMLers are afraid to post here. I love ferrets and the FML too much to
be intimidated into silence.

The reason I raise my voice here from time to time, is that people
should be allowed to make their own choices in how they care for their
ferrets. However, firstly, they have to know that there IS a choice.

I think as long as the posts are polite and do not degenerate into
personal attacks, we still have a wonderful opportunty to exchange
ideas, experiences and stories.

I must just go and check if my eyes are bleeding yet. :-)

Shirley